Come and be part of a growing #Fast50 New Zealand high-tech business paving its way internationally!
Teknique’s mission is to create innovative camera solutions that enhance products and improve life. Our integration of smart video and vision technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are expanding at a fast pace into new markets and are looking for driven deliverers who are excited to be part of our talented team located in Auckland, New Zealand.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to work with us to manage and support our clients. The role is a mix of pre-sales, business development, bid management, marketing and business analysis and is an important link between the customer and the company’s sales, delivery, and technical teams. The role will involve regular travel to support customers and international trade shows in some of the worlds most famous destinations!
You will have the chance to grow personally within your role and within the company with opportunities to take responsibility and lead teams.
You will be responsible for…
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and providing the “link” between the customer, the sales team and the engineering teams.
- Helping to understand, build awareness of, and grow Teknique’s share in the market
- Working in combination with the sales team/s to identify the customers’ key business drivers and requirements and ensure customers’ needs are clarified and sales prospects are qualified
- Working with the delivery, technical and the sales team/s to research and design solutions for customers using Teknique’s IP, products, and solutions.
- Being on technical pre-sales calls to support technical questions from potential customers, which may involve taking calls out of normal work hours to support US and EU time zones
- Delivering well engineered pre-sales customer information and high level proposals to the technical and delivery teams
- Continue to clarify customers business requirements during the life of the project.
If you are a self-starter, have an entreprenerial spirit and high regard to work quality - then read on!
You will have...
- An engineering qualification or similar experience
- 5 or more years experience in a technical services and manufacturing industry involving electronics
- Some experience with manufacturers in China
- Experience in a sales and/or account management capacity
- A willingness to adapt and learn new skills to grow personally and professionally within the company
- The ablity to work under pressure and identify and manage stress, or seek appropriate support
- The ability to actively manages resolution of conflict with the best interests of the business in mind
- Be willing to travel to customers and supporting international trade shows.
- Be willing to take pre-sales calls out of normal work hours to support US and EU time zones
- Be able to prioritise tasks whilst being flexible
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Have a proactive and conflict solving attitude
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space.
We keep the team fuelled with free snacks, fresh fruit, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap.
A company subsidised healthcare plan is available.