Software Development Engineer in Test
Play a key role in one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies in New Zealand.
Teknique’s beautiful integration of smart video technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are looking for driven deliverers to add to our talent arsenal located on Auckland's North Shore.
Innovative ideas. Creative approaches. Insatiable curiosity. That's what we expect from an Engineer at Teknique. Here, you'll be part of a collaborative rapidly growing technology team, charged with creating amazing mobile and web integrated smart camera and video solutions. That means integrating our video technology into products for a broad range of high-profile companies from the hottest US tech startups, to large international consumer brands.
At Teknique, you will have an active role in creating and enhancing a scalable automated test framework, making device testing easier and manageable for other engineers in the team and ultimately helping Teknique offer high quality software releases to its clients.
Writing, maintaining, reporting and tracking bugs on automated test sets for some of the world’s most exciting consumer camera products. Sound like a good way to spend your day?
You will have...
- Proven coding experience in Python/C/C++/C#.
- Solid experience with Linux tools and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of hardware test identification and validation for mass manufacture.
- Experience interfacing to hardware peripherals in a Linux environment using communication protocols like I2C, I2S, SPI, CAN bus.
- Experience writing automated tests and integrating automated tests into continuous development and deployment systems.
- Experience in test case identification, creating and maintaining a test case database.
- Experience working closely with development team to identify and implement automated test cases.
- Experience in planning and estimating test efforts, providing test reports.
- Experience in defect tracking.
- Experience in manual testing where required.
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and development.
- A degree or qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, and ability to communicate that detail to others.
It would be cool if you also had...
- A high proficiency in Python.
- Experience implementing and extending a bespoke automated test framework.
- Experience developing and executing a comprehensive set of automation test sets and test cases specifically targeted at hardware validation but also functional test cases.
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (US & China).
- Knowledge of Image Processing and Computer Vision.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space. We have extensive wellbeing programmes to look after you which includes subsidised healthcare insurance.
We keep the team fuelled with free snacks, fresh fruit, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap.