Software Engineer - Teknique Limited (located in Munich, Germany)
Play a key role in one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies from New Zealand expanding into Europe.
Our Mission is to create innovative camera solutions that enhance products and improve life. Our integration of smart video and vision technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are expanding at a fast pace and are looking for driven deliverers who are excited to be part of our talented team located in Munich, Germany.
What You’ll Do:
As an experienced C++ Application Development Engineer, you will be working closely with, our customers, internal engineers and project managers to develop and deliver our quality technology solutions into IoT, Smart Home, Surveillance and Industry markets to name a few.
We are looking for someone who has a varied background in embedded software development and can adjust to a dynamic and changing work environment. You’ll be someone who gets their kicks from solving technical problems and can work closely with new prospects and in conjunction with the internal engineering team to get things done.
You will be responsible for…
- Using C++ to improve and build new features for wireless miniature camera systems
- Learning and developing new concepts, algorithms, and processes for image processing and vision type applications
- Working on Embedded Linux and/or ThreadX
- Scripting automated tests in Python and Bash
- Understanding customer needs and communicating effectively to other team members
- Experiencing a fast growing international R&D company, building new products that you will want to own yourself!
- Getting to collaborate with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
If you are a self-starter, have a mature outlook and high regard to work quality - then read on!
- Be extremely competent in C++ and Object Oriented Programming
- Have experience in using C++ STL, Boost or Qt libraries etc.
- Have Linux application development experience
- Have some exposure to Linux operating system
- Have knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Have experience in scripting (Bash, Python, etc) and understand Makefiles
- Have some understanding and interest in Electronics and Hardware
- Have exceptional problem solving skills
- Have a sense of humour - no matter how quirky! ;)
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
- Have an interest in the video capture and content industry
- Have a degree or qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Have at least 3-5 years professional experience
It would be great if you...
- Ability to debug on embedded devices, using GDB, console, kernel logging and debug backtrace, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Experience of writing unit tests
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An interest in User Interaction - yes, the end users having fun with your products!
- Knowledge of Image Processing, Video encoding and Computer Vision
- An understanding of electronics manufacturing and testing
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (EMEA, US & China)
- Have lawful authority to work in Germany, including a Work Permit with conditions that allow you to work in this position
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our office in Munich is in a co-working space equipped with the latest software and hardware equipment. You can meet other start-ups and join a weekly event program.
We keep the team fuelled with fresh fruit, great espresso coffee and feierabend beer.