C++ Application Development Engineer
Play a key role in one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies in New Zealand.
Teknique’s beautiful integration of smart video and vision technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are looking for driven deliverers to add to our talent arsenal located on Auckland's North Shore
As an experienced C++ Application Development Engineer, you will be working closely with engineers, customers and project managers to deliver our quality technology solutions for wearable, flying drone, and IP consumer cameras to name a few.
We are looking for someone who has a varied background in embedded software development and can adjust to a dynamic and changing work environment. You’ll be someone who gets their kicks from solving technical problems and can collaborate easily with all areas of our engineering team to get things done.
On a day-to day basis you will be:
- Using C++ to improve and build new features for wireless miniature camera systems
- Learning and developing new concepts, algorithms, and processes for image processing and vision type applications
- Working on Embedded Linux
- Scripting automated tests in Python and Bash
- Experiencing a fast growing NZ R&D company, building new products that you will want to own yourself!
- Getting to collaborate with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Be extremely competent in C++ and Object Oriented Programming
- Have experience in using C++ STL, Boost or Qt libraries etc.
- Have some Linux application development experience
- Have knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Have experience in scripting (Bash, Python, etc) and understand Makefiles
- Have some understanding and interest in Electronics and Hardware
- Have exceptional problem solving skills
- Have a sense of humour - no matter how quirky! ;)
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
- Have an interest in the video capture and content industry
- Have a degree or qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Have at least 3-5 years professional experience
It would be cool if you also had...
- Ability to debug on embedded devices, using GDB, console, kernel logging and debug backtrace, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Experience of writing unit tests
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An interest in User Interaction - yes, the end users having fun with your products!
- Knowledge of Image Processing, Video encoding and Computer Vision
- An understanding of electronics manufacturing and testing
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (US & China)
- Have lawful authority to work in New Zealand, including a Work Permit with conditions that allow you to work in this position
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space.
We keep the team fuelled with free snacks, fresh fruit, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap.