Senior Back-end Web Developer
Innovative ideas. Creative approaches. Insatiable curiosity. That's what we expect from a Back-end Web Developer at Teknique. Here, you'll be part of a collaborative, rapidly growing technology team charged with creating amazing mobile and web integrated smart camera, video solutions and other IoT devices. That means contributing to product development for a broad range of high-profile global companies, and actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
The world is awash with video, not only are we inventing new ways to capture it, we're taking on challenging problems of how to understand it, search it, and experience it in new and amazing ways.
As a valued member of the team, you will have an active role in designing these solutions, so you should expect to be a real user for the products we create.
On a day-to day basis you might be:
- Developing our existing Go, Node and Python apps
- Designing and building new web services for mobile, web and device consumption
- Implementing them with the latest battle-proven languages, frameworks and technologies
- Using our build pipeline to deploy and test automatically
- Working with our clients to design new video-centric products or services
- Re-architecting existing services to scale as adoption accelerates
- Failing but learning from it
- Experiencing what it’s like to work with one of NZs fastest growing R&D companies
- Collaborating with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Eating biscuits
- Have a passion for and understanding of modern web technologies and trends
- Understand and have experience with web application micro services architectures
- Understand and have experience with SQL databases and modeling (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understand and have experience with NoSQL databases and modeling (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic search)
- Extensive experience designing and implementing REST, GraphQL or SOAP web services
- Understand and have experience with modern messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Be a subject matter expert on leading web application technologies, stacks, methodologies and design approaches
- Desire to work with the latest platforms and methodologies such as containerisation, public cloud, serverless, caching, delivery pipelining, do it all from code, etc.
- Extensive experience implementing web services using popular web frameworks such as ExpressJS, Rails, Revel, Django, Flask, Spring
- Experience working on high-volume systems
- Have experience with UNIX/Linux systems
- Have exceptional problem solving skills
- Have a sense of humour - no matter how quirky! ;)
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
- Have 5+ years professional experience
It would be cool if you also had...
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with big data and analytics
- Experience running Go in production
- Have an interest in the video capture and content industry
- Have lawful authority to work in New Zealand, including a Work Permit with conditions that allow you to work in this position
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space.
We keep the team fuelled with free snacks, fresh fruit, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap.
A company subsidised healthcare plan is available.