Senior Project Manager - Consumer Electronics Product Development
Play a key role in one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies in New Zealand.
Teknique’s beautiful integration of smart video and vision technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are looking for driven deliverers to add to our talent arsenal located on Auckland's North Shore
As an experienced Senior Project Manager, you will be working closely with our global customers, engineers and management to deliver our quality technology solutions for wearable, flying drone, and IP consumer cameras to name a few.
You will be in sync with R & D, Design, Engineering, Sales, QA, and Manufacturing teams throughout NZ and China. Your strength in managing challenging projects will complement your excellent client focus, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
You will have...
- 5+ years project management experience within a professional product development company in a similar industry
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Have used Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence, Tempo), in a previous role
- Excellent understanding of project management methodology - Agile and waterfall, PMBOK and ideally a Prince 2, PMP/ PMI or related certification
- An excellent understanding of the product development lifecycle as it relates to the fast paced consumer electronics and software industries
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from requirements gathering and scoping through to full scale mass production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate development complexities to both technical and non-technical audiences - clients and project contributors
- Ability to fit into a diverse, multicultural team, building rapport and strong working relationships
- Have a sense of humour - no matter how quirky! ;)
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
It would be cool if you also had...
- An understanding of electronics manufacturing and testing
- Willingness to travel abroad to assist bringing products into production and collaborate with a global team (US & China)
- Some understanding and interest in Electronics and Hardware
- An interest in the video capture and content industry
- An interest in User Interaction - yes, the end users having fun with our products!
- Some knowledge of Image Processing, Video encoding and Computer Vision
- Lawful authority to work in New Zealand, including a Work Permit with conditions that allow you to work in this position
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space.
We keep the team fuelled with free snacks, juices, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap.