Full Stack Web Developer
Teknique’s beautiful integration of smart video and vision technology into consumer products has turned some important heads. We are looking for driven deliverers to add to our talent arsenal located on Auckland's North Shore.
Here, you'll be part of a collaborative, rapidly growing technology team charged with creating amazing mobile and web integrated smart camera, video solutions and other IoT devices. That means contributing to product development for a broad range of high-profile global companies, and actively supporting our diverse suite of best-in-class technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
The world is awash with video, not only are we inventing new ways to capture it, we're taking on challenging problems of how to understand it, search it, and experience it in new and amazing ways.
As a valued member of the team, you will have an active role in designing these solutions, so you should expect to be a real user for the products we create.
On a day-to day basis you will be:
- Developing our existing Node, Rails, Python or AngularJS apps
- Designing and building new web services for mobile, web and device consumption
- Implementing them with the latest battle-proven languages, frameworks and technologies
- Using our build pipeline to deploy and test automatically
- Re-architecting existing services to scale as adoption accelerates
- Working with UX designers to improve user experience
- Getting to collaborate with a fantastic team of passionate people
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Be a subject matter expert on leading web application technologies, stacks, methodologies and design approaches
- Have extensive experience designing and implementing REST web services
- Have extensive experience implementing web services using popular web frameworks such as ExpressJS, Rails, Django
- Have Linux development experience and to a lesser extent MacOS
- Understand and have experience with SQL databases and modeling (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understand and have experience with NoSQL databases and modeling (MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Desire to work with the latest platforms and methodologies such as containerisation, public cloud, serverless, delivery pipelining, do it all from code, etc.
- Have exceptional problem solving skills
- Be a team player who is confident to speak up with ideas and issues
- Have an interest in the video capture and content industry
- Have a degree or qualification in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or similar
- Have at least 3-5 years professional experience
It would be cool if you also had...
- Experience working with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Understand and have experience with modern messaging systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience working with data processing and analytics
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An interest in UI/UX - yes, the end users having fun with your products!
- Willingness to travel to assist bringing products into production and collaborate within a global team (US & China)
- Are legally entitled to work in New Zealand, including visas with conditions that allow you to work in this position
You will join an inspiring team of innovators, creators, and do-ers working passionately toward creating better ways to view the world. We believe in and encourage continual up-skill and learning.
Our thoughtfully designed working environment in Albany, Auckland, New Zealand has bush views, sit stand desks along with the latest software and equipment. Complementing our progressive workspace is a zen space, quiet room and dedicated project space. We have extensive wellbeing programmes to look after you which includes subsidised healthcare insurance.
On top of that, we keep the team fuelled with free snacks, fresh juices, great espresso coffee, and craft beer on tap!